The Harold Latrace Family and Associates Foundation (HLF) has particular concern about the welfare of children and youth and their development into healthy and confident adults. Believing that children and youth have the right to develop to the full extent of their potential – but are frequently impeded by their circumstances – the HLF will award annual grants to registered Saskatchewan-based charities that provide social and/or educational services to children and youth facing challenges
The purpose of this request for proposal is to encourage local charities to submit proposals for self-contained project-based initiatives that adhere to the spirit of the mission statement. For the 2021 period, we will be donating up to $67,000 between all submitted proposals.
Evaluations will be based on the completeness, thoroughness, and clarity of the proposal itself and on the quality of the project’s initiative. The quality of the project will be evaluated based on criteria including, but not limited to: the number of children impacted, the transparency of fund allocation, the sustainability of the project, and the uniqueness of the charity.
In order to qualify for a grant, the charity must:
- Be registered with CRA,
- Be Saskatchewan-based, and
- Provide social and/or educational services to children and/or youth.
The HLF will not award grants for the following:
- General administration costs,
- Printed material,
- Travel costs,
- Emergency funds,
- Deficit financing,
- Grants to individuals,
- General fundraising,
- Conference expenses, accommodation, and/or registration fees, and
If your charity meets the essential requirements, then we encourage you to submit a proposal with the following information:
1. Letter of Intent
- A brief summary that describes the purpose of the ongoing program or project-based initiative and the amount of funding requested
2. Background Information
- A description of your charity’s history, objectives, and activities, as well as the programs, offered
3. Program/Project Description
- A clear, thorough, and concise description of the program/project that includes:
- The number of children/youth impacted by the program/project
- The age range of children/youth impacted by the program/project
- The program/project duration if it has a defined start/end date
- Details of how funding will be allocated
- The financial and practical sustainability of the program/project
- The uniqueness of the charity and/or program/project
- A complete budget, including all expenses, overhead, and administration
4. Financial Statement
- Your charity’s most recent financial statement and most current operation budget
5. Board of Directors
- A list of your charity’s Board of Directors with a brief description of each board member
6. Proof of Charitable Status
- Your registered charity number under the Income Tax Act for CRA
Grants will be awarded for a 1-year period, but projects need not be active for that entire time. Successful applicants are to inform the HLF of any substantial changes to the project that occur during the time between receiving funding and the end of the proposed project.
Groups must fill out an online form detailing their project and then email all required documents.
2021 Key Dates:
- Our funding process closedSeptember 3, 2021.
- Dates for 2022 will be updated in July 2022